Hello, I’m Adrienne. I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m a Florida homeschooling mom of two boys. One teen, one tween. We’ve been homeschooling since 2008 and the kids are still alive.
Ten Things You Should Know About Me
1. I’m not a homeschooling expert. I repeat. Not an expert! We’ve been homeschooling since 2009. I share a lot of our stories about homeschooling here, but I will never pretend like I have it all figured out. Most days I fantasize about putting my kids on the nearest school bus and calling it a day! Just kidding. Sort of. We really do love it, but homeschooling is hard, yo.
2. I am a christian wife and mother. Here me on this. I am NOT perfect! I am a sinner saved by grace and still screw up daily. My faith is lifeline for me and without it, I’d be lost. I do my best to walk with Jesus, but it’s not always easy. I cuss, I sin, and make messes everywhere I turn, but He who has begun a good work in me will carry it out to completion! (Philippians 1:6) Thank God for that. We are all a work in progress!
3. I despise family photo sessions. Which is why you’ll probably never see an updated professional photo of all four of us. It’s something I need to have done, but just can’t seem to motivate enough to make it happen. Just thinking about the experience makes me cringe.
4. I love to bake. There is just something therapeutic about the certainty of mixing flour, eggs, and sugar. You will always get cake. Or cookies. Even better!
5. I also love the beach, yoga, and books. In no particular order. I’ll take overdoses of all three, please.
6. I help my husband run a business. He’s an air conditioning contractor. Ya know? Like Juno’s dad, only way hotter. Some days I want to be blogging and writing but I’m stuck behind the desk entering in Quickbooks transactions or typing proposals for his next job. It’s a blessing I usually take for granted.
7. I blog. Obviously. I try to post here regularly, but it can be hard to keep up with sometimes. You can expect at least one new post each week. If I’m lucky, 3. I try to reply to all your comments and visit your blogs too! Just give me time to get over there.
8. My favorite food? Crab legs! Mmmm…
9. I love crafty stuff. I used to scrapbook and stamp like crazy and I have oodles of supplies in my craft closet that will probably never see the light of day again, but I just can’t part with some of it. Now most of my craftiness is used up for school and blogging.
10. Behind the blog: My laundry is piled high, there are dirty dishes in my sink, and my toilets always need to be scrubbed.