Have you ever made an overnight casserole?
They are the best!
You prepare everything the night before and the casserole refrigerates overnight. They make preparing a special breakfast so easy!
I’ve had lots of variations of breakfast casseroles, but this recipe has to be my favorite combination.
It’s so simple to make, and I promise you, this easy overnight breakfast bake is sure to please even the pickiest house guest!
- 8 eggs
- 6-8 Hawaiian rolls
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (perfect for those Christmas Eve dinner leftovers!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Italian herbs (Spice Island Grinder is the best!)
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break apart 6-8 Hawaiian rolls and spread the bread bits evenly on the bottom of your dish.
- Layer ham on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over ham.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and pour over layers.
- Sprinkle seasoning over egg and add the remaining cheese.
- Take a fork and press down layers so that the top layer of cheese is wet.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. (At least 8 hours)
- In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for about one hour.(I'm not very good about bake time. I just watch to see when the top is just the right amount of golden brown. You know your oven better than I do.)
- Cool 10 minutes minutes before serving.
- The secret is the Hawaiian rolls! They add a sweet touch to a savory classic.
Latest posts by Adrienne (see all)
- Parenting A Child With OCD: Best Books to Read! - November 1, 2018
- National Noodle Day Activities: 10+ Ways to Geek Out With Your Crew - September 27, 2018
- Why We Use Teaching Textbooks: Stress-Free Homeschool Math Curriculum - September 26, 2018
- The Truth About Homeschool Curriculum - July 20, 2018
- How to Make Homeschool Graduation Special Without a Formal Cermony - May 1, 2018