I love lazy mornings.
Ya know? Those mornings when you don’t have to rush out and go anywhere? Those are the best days to cook a big breakfast, eat late, and lay around in PJs!
I think Christmas morning is the only morning throughout the whole year that I don’t actually wake up and walk directly to the coffee pot.
The excitement and the presents and all.the.Christmas just takes priority over coffee. We usually get a few presents in before someone stumbles over to make a fresh pot.
Christmas morning is my favorite lazy morning, and I love to have a yummy breakfast planned!
Have you ever made an overnight casserole?
They are the best!
You prepare everything the night before and the casserole refrigerates overnight. They make preparing a special breakfast so easy!
I’ve had lots of variations of breakfast casseroles, but this recipe has to be my favorite combination.
It’s s so simple to make, and I promise you, this easy overnight breakfast bake is sure to please even the pickiest holiday house guest!
- 8 eggs
- 6-8 Hawaiian rolls
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (perfect for those Christmas Eve dinner leftovers!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Italian herbs (Spice Island Grinder is the best!)
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break apart 6-8 Hawaiian rolls and spread the bread bits evenly on the bottom of your dish.
- Layer ham on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over ham.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and pour over layers.
- Sprinkle seasoning over egg and add the remaining cheese.
- Take a fork and press down layers so that the top layer of cheese is wet.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. (At least 8 hours)
- In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for about one hour.(I'm not very good about bake time. I just watch to see when the top is just the right amount of golden brown. You know your oven better than I do.)
- Cool 10 minutes minutes before serving.
- The secret is the Hawaiian rolls! They add a sweet touch to a savory classic.
You might like these too...
Latest posts by Adrienne (see all)
- A Review of Open Boxes and a $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway - June 29, 2015
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Homeschooling - June 15, 2015
- Flexible Summer Learning and A Real Buried Treasure with #BrainChase - June 9, 2015
- I Survived My First Homeschool Convention: Highlights and Link Love - May 27, 2015
- How to Motivate Your Kids To Learn This Summer With a $10,000 Scavenger Hunt! - May 8, 2015