My friend Alison asked me to play along at this month’s Old School Blogging and I couldn’t resist.
When I read this month’s theme I laughed out loud! The Fridge Edition? Oh my.
I knew this post would be sure to 1. embarrass me and 2. potentially invite child protective services to come a knockin’.
You see, grocery shopping and me? We just don’t really get along.
We tolerate one another because we have to, but it’s not a healthy relationship.
I hate going, but go too much.
I lack grocery skills, ya’ll, and my fridge is just an innocent bystander.
Won’t you join me in my shame…
I usually do. Really. I do. But, it just so happened that I took these pics the day after I cleaned it off and wiped it down. I’m not hating the clean front, but I know it won’t last for long. Every once in a while you have to purge the front of the fridge, ladies. It’s good for you.
The one thing I do have is a grocery list. Oh, the irony.
Then I blindly shop and forget at least half of everything I needed.
Then I come home and cross the items I actually remembered off the list and start over. Again.
It’s a broken system and that’s why my fridge looks like this.
You might be fooled at a glance, but I assure you most of what’s in here is either expired or empty.
1. Let’s start here. This is just empty space. The light is beckoning me to buy something for people to eat and put it there, but I just can’t seem to do it.
2. An empty box of Capri Sun Roaring Waters.
3. Produce-I do have 3 apples, 2 lemons, and an old bag of baby carrots that’s probably no good.
4. This is the left over shelf. If I starve them long enough my husband will eventually break down and make sure these left overs don’t go to waste.
5. Another…wait for it…empty box. It’s a Gogurt box and it’s empty. Poor kids.
6. Milk. Fresh milk. That’s will be good to have in there when CPS shows up.
7. The dreaded condiment graveyard. Starting at the top you’ll find honey mustard and a half used bottled water. I have no idea whose it is and it will probably stay there for weeks. Then, there’s an assortment of ketchup, mustard, relish, cherries(??), chicken broth, salad dressing, and lots of other 1/2 bottles of something.
I would like to point out that I have egg cartons up there at the top AND there are eggs in there.
Milk and eggs. Enjoy!