Last Saturday I celebrated my 35th birthday.
It was one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had. There wasn’t a huge party or lots of fuss, but it was filled with so many reminders of how much I have to be thankful for. I could easily turn this post into one of those annoying and pukeworthy Facebook updates that The Dose Girls talked about on Monday (I seriously loved that post). But, I’ll spare you the rainbows and sunshine and share a little birthday perspective with you.
I can’t help but feel a welcome shift in my life to the next chapter and I’m excited to see where God takes me. Wherever that is, I hope it includes this list of 35 things I want to do while I’m 35!
1. Read through the whole New Testament with the boys.
2. Be obedient in strengthening my prayer life.
3. Let go of being afraid of rejection and submit my writing to 5 places a week.
4. Find a regular freelance writing gig!
5. Find a creative outlet away from the blog.
6. Read 35 books.
7. Get to a blog conference!
8. Make an effort to strengthen my marriage.
9. Make a commitment to spend one-on-one time with my each of my boys once a month.
10. Quit coloring my hair and let it grow to all one length.
11. Run in a 5K!
12. Begin a service project.
13. Cook dinner for my family 6 nights/week.
14. Stop yelling at my kids.
15. Continue to grow on our homeschooling journey and allow more freedom in the way we learn.
16. Nurture the relationships in my life that lift me up and continue to become wiser about those that don’t.
17. Dedicate even more time to helping my husband with his business.
18. Get back to basics with the priorities in my life and make sure things are in the order they should be:
everything/everyone else last!
19. Save my blog money. (maybe that would help with #7!)
20. Pay more attention to current events.
21. Become more knowledgeable about politics. (I seriously stink at that kind of stuff).
22. exercise daily
23. take my vitamins
24. Make an effort to give myself more “me” time in order to be a better wife and mom.
25. Write more handwritten notes and actually mail them.
26. meal plan (that will probably help with #13!)
27. Get more involved with our local homeschool group.
28. Help my boys find and nurture their passions.
29. Read more classic literature with the boys.
30. Follow a housekeeping plan and get this place in order!
31. Listen to more music. I really miss music in my life!
32. Complete a detox.
33. Get my Christmas shopping done before December.
34. Get more connected at our church.
35. Complete a random act of kindness once a week.
Latest posts by Adrienne (see all)
- Parenting A Child With OCD: Best Books to Read! - November 1, 2018
- National Noodle Day Activities: 10+ Ways to Geek Out With Your Crew - September 27, 2018
- Why We Use Teaching Textbooks: Stress-Free Homeschool Math Curriculum - September 26, 2018
- The Truth About Homeschool Curriculum - July 20, 2018
- How to Make Homeschool Graduation Special Without a Formal Cermony - May 1, 2018