Last week sort of got away from me. On Monday, it seemed there were not enough hours in the day. On Friday, it felt like there weren’t enough days in the week. My house is a mess, I dropped the ball on a couple of commitments, and the laundry is backed up.
School seemed to go slow when I really need it to go fast. We’re in the home stretch! I can see the light at the end of my teacher’s editions. But, sometimes other things come up and school gets interrupted, and that’s OK!
I may not have gotten everything done last week that I needed to, but I got a lot of stuff done that I needed to.
I needed to spend time with great friends.
I needed to watch my kids have the best play dates ever.
I needed to be there for my husband.
I needed to smile.
I needed to laugh.
I needed to put on an Elmo costume and show up at the front door for a dance with my best friend’s daughter.
Did everything get done last week? Nope.
And I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
Latest posts by Adrienne (see all)
- Parenting A Child With OCD: Best Books to Read! - November 1, 2018
- National Noodle Day Activities: 10+ Ways to Geek Out With Your Crew - September 27, 2018
- Why We Use Teaching Textbooks: Stress-Free Homeschool Math Curriculum - September 26, 2018
- The Truth About Homeschool Curriculum - July 20, 2018
- How to Make Homeschool Graduation Special Without a Formal Cermony - May 1, 2018