A few weeks ago I decided to “recycle” an old post that was hiding in my archives. It was a “how to” I wrote last year before I moved to WordPress and began building my blog. I felt like the tips were still useful, so I decided to spruce it up a little and use it again. I was shocked to see the response! The post was featured on The SITS Girls (Thanks SITS!), and so many of you loved it! Especially tip #6, where I encouraged you to “Go Green” and recycle those posts that just didn’t get the attention they deserved.
We all have them.
They’re the posts we wrote that nobody ever read. Why should they be wasted? We spent time writing them, and in some cases pounded our hearts onto the keyboard. We put ourselves out there, but heard crickets after we hit publish. Not because the post was terrible, but because we simply didn’t have the readership we do now.
It was so fun to take my own advice and have it actually work! Thanks to all of you, my own recycled post was a hit!
After reading your comments, I decided to take the idea one step further and create a place for you to share your best (missed) posts!
Every Tuesday you now have a place to share your old posts! So go dig through your archives and find that post you spent hours writing. The post you poured your heart into. The tips you know are useful. The DIY idea that will change our lives if we only knew it existed. The post that deserves another day in the sun.Then, come back and link up!
How can you make an old dusty post new and shiny?
1. Correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
2. Add a “Pin”able image.
3. Install share buttons on your post.
4. Change the publish date to today, so it appears on your main page as fresh content.
5. Make sure the information is still timely.
6. Allow comments on old posts.
Now drag those old posts out of your archives, grab the badge above, and link up!
I can’t wait to read what the blogosphere didn’t!
You might like these too...
Latest posts by Adrienne (see all)
- How To Be a Miserable Homeschool Mom - January 12, 2017
- Tips for Making a Smooth Transition From Public School To Homeschool - August 12, 2015
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Homeschooling - June 15, 2015
- Why I Love Homeschooling High School - May 4, 2015
- Do I Really Know What It Means to Follow Jesus? - April 13, 2015