Last week, I was struggling. Parenting, homeschool, marriage, housework…the whole thing had me in tears, yelling, screaming, crying….you name it. It was not pretty. I tried calling Molly Maids to get them to come here and clean for me, but my husband wouldn’t hear of it. Which, by the way, I think is unfair since he has a lawn guy. But, that’s a whole separate post begging me to write it. After Molly Maids didn’t work out, I did the only other thing I thought might make me feel better. I logged onto Facebook. I asked you all to chime in on the Facebook page, and this is what you had to say…
“What’s your biggest challenge as a mom? Whether you’re a homeschool mom, SAHM, WAHM, single, divorced, military wife, WHATEVER. What’s the one thing that brings you to tears or makes you want to scream?? Include a link to your blog, facebook page, or twitter handle. If I get enough responses I plan on including them in an upcoming post. (This is my lame attempt to remind myself I’m not alone!)”
- ~Ann Marie AKA Queen of Chaos: Not getting enough time with just our family (this is the biggest one but I could go on and on).
- ~Jessica from Spit Up Chronicles: Just putting all of myself into my husband and my kids. I am totally and completely in LOVE with my family, but it is exhausting. I just want a one day vacation. Or a sick day.
- ~Paula from Simply Sandwich: Being “present” with my kids! As a member of the Sandwich Generation, I am constantly pulled in multiple directions and I don’t always feel like I am actually absorbing the time with my children. It honestly breaks my heart. Lately, I have just stopped whatever I am doing to listen to what my kiddos are saying because they are the most important things and I don’t want to miss what they are trying to share with me!
- ~Ashley from Dose of Reality: I can honestly say that my biggest challenge as a mom is keeping my home clean. I fail at it most, which then makes me fail at the mom gig because of course I can’t have the kids invite friends over for playdates, etc. I feel guilty because I don’t want my girls growing up this way, but it feels too overwhelming to correct. It is a CONSTANT battle, and I am afraid I am losing the war.
- ~Sonya from The Karels: working mom guilt, bedtime battles, fits, I could go on and on!
- ~Carmen Ramirez-Dominguez: How to find enough time in the day to work, pick up kiddies from school, take them to extra curricular activities, cook, clean home, help w/ homework and pay bills/make appts…I’m stressed just thinking about this!
- ~Patience. I never have enough Christina Wagy Moore
- ~Theresa from Seeking Him Homeschool: Disobedient children make me want to scream – my kids are good kids, but they don’t always obey the first time. Sometimes time is of the essence, and when they don’t obey first time and I end up having to deal with that, then I end up late somewhere because of it…. gggrrrrrrrrr….