Welcome bloggers! #UBP12

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

If you’re here from #UBP12, Welcome!

I’m so glad you stopped you by!

I’m Adrienne.

This is me and my youngest. He's full of mischief!

I’m a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend.

…blogger, dreamer, child of God, bride of Christ, perfect by design,  imperfect by sin…

…a beach bunny,  baker, candle stick maker. I’m just kidding. I’m not really a candle stick maker.

…a short order cook, consistently inconsistent parent, and homeschooling mama.

This is my husband and my oldest son. He's 13 and oh so handsome.

My perfect day is sitting on the beach with a good book and a cold beer.

This is my backyard.

I started blogging on a whim in 2010, and my passion for writing was ignited. After finding my voice, I did what any wannabe blogger should do. In spring of 2012, I jumped the Blogger train and moved to WordPress.

You can read more about me or click around.

I spend most days wiping up pee from the bathroom floor and generally trying to figure out how to be a parent. Most of my parenting techniques don’t work, but I give it my best. Since my boys are 13 and 7, I’m sort of running out of time. I hope I figure it out soon.

Monday through Friday, I homeschool both of my boys, which really gets in the way of my blog.

I’ve been known to steal my kid’s tooth fairy money and let them hunt bobcats unsupervised.

When you stop by my blog you can count on reading an honest post. Sometimes they’re serious and from the heart and other times I just like sharing about all the crazy things I do that I hope won’t screw up my kids.

I often write about motherhood, marriage, my faith, and our journey through Asperger’s and OCD.

You can find me on Facebook and follow @TheMommyMess on Twitter. If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to The Mommy Mess for updates!

Thanks for stopping by! I can’t wait to meet you!

Wife. Mother. Dreamer. Writer. Blogger. Florida homeschooling mom. Imperfect parent surviving on God's grace and mercy. My writing is always honest, sometimes sarcastic, and never perfect. Find me as @TheMommyMess on Twitter and connect with me on Facebook.

Comments

Coming in from UBP…SO excited to find someone else with big kids! My guys are 10 and 13. We’ve bounced around the idea of homeschooling, but Eldest and Spouse are on the fence….can’t make any changes till we’re all on board. I’m interested in reading your blog and getting a perspective from someone whose kids are close in age to mine. Nice to ‘meet’ you!
    Chris recently posted..Crashing the Ultimate Blog Party 2012My Profile

Oh, yes! It’s so nice to meet some moms with big kids! It’s a whole new ball game for me these days. I feel like I was great with the little kid stuff, but now? notsomuch. Thanks for coming by! I hope you all are able to make a decision about school that works for everyone. :) Heading over to your place.

Adrienne – I’m so happy to have connected with you through the UBP ’12 !

Our family is also going through a journey of learning to live with Asperger’s. (My 14 y/o was diagnosed at age 6 and it’s been quite the journey! :-> )

I look forward to reading your posts

Oh, Ann! It is so nice to meet someone that has a teen, and an aspie teen at that! We have come a long way this past year, but it’s been quite the journey for us too. Can’t wait to get to know you more!

Hey, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by! I love meeting new bloggers. I’m heading over to check out your space. I hope you enjoyed your visit!

Hello! Stopping by from UBP. I’m Jen- Momma to two girlies- age 8 and 10 and my little man- age 2. Glad to find your blog- I’m a new subscriber. :)

You’ll find learning activities for toddlers and big kids over at my site. I homeschool as well, but via cyberschool. Take Care and looking forward to reading.

Jen
    Jen recently posted..Toilet Paper Roll Color MatchMy Profile

Thank you for coming by! The beach has offered me so much peace. I’m so thankful God placed us here! Except for the bobcats. Who knew bobcats live at the beach?!

Hi Adrienne! My kids are 7 and 10 so I may be able to learn from you..I had to giggle at the candlestick line. Also I would love to camp out in your backyard if that’s possible – you sound like someone I could easily hang out with, very real. PArty ON!
    (It wouldn’t let me pull my party post so here it is: http://bit.ly/ISRriq in case you wanted to stop by!)
    Coffee Lovin’ Mom recently posted..People in ParisMy Profile