Are you here from The SITS Girls?
I’m so glad you’ve stopped by!
For any of you who have been living under a rock or just started blogging yesterday, The SITS Girls is an online community for bloggers with over 55,000 members and growing everyday! There you’ll find blog tips, tricks, and resources that make your blogging journey, well, better!
I’ve been a member of SITS for a few years now and love every.single.thing about them. Most of all, I love that they let me come over and play with them!
I’m a SITS Girls Community Lead and guest blogger. Working with SITS and being involved in the blog community there has helped me become a better blogger and opened the door for many opportunities that I’m so grateful to have had! The SITS Girls are like family.
So, if you’re a SITS girl, then you’re family too!
I’m not really all that great about talking about myself, which is weird since I write a blog and stuff.
It’s just this kind of talking about myself that I struggle with. Ya know, the “about me” type stuff. I’m pretty sure this is the part of my post where I’m supposed to make a good first impression, invite you stick around, and link to a bunch of my posts, right?
But, wouldn’t it more fun if I just told you a bunch a random things you might not know about me?
Ok! Good. See? I knew we’d make great friends!
So, here’s a bunch of useless information…
1. I wax my own eyebrows. I’m pretty sure this is considered a super power in some countries. A long time ago, I lost my job as a title agent, and couldn’t afford the luxury of having someone else do it for me. So I bought a kit and 7 years later, I’m still at it. I think I’ve saved like a million dollars so far. Give or take.
2. I hate scrubbing toilets. This is no secret. I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s worth bringing up again. Why can’t boys make it in the potty?! All you moms of little boys, there is NO light at the end of the tunnel. My boys are 15 and 8 and somehow, I’m still wiping up pee crust every day of my life. Thank God for Clorox wipes.
3. My husband I and are complete opposites. This, no doubt, has made the last 15 years very interesting. He’s my very best friend, knows me better than anyone on this earth, and loves me anyway.
4. You’re probably taller than me, because I’m only 4′ 11 1/2″. Did you notice that 1/2? A half inch is important when you’re pushing 5 feet!
5. I love to bake and often do so when I can’t write.
6. I love to write, but I’m afraid to call myself a writer.
7. I used to scrapbook like a crackhead and then one day I just stopped. I’m pretty sure it was the day I started homeschooling. I have no desire to get those supplies back out of the craft closet graveyard. RIP, Scrapbooking.
8. I love Jesus!
9. I make lists of stuff I want to do and then stress about doing them. PS. I haven’t done any of those things. Well, that’s actually not true. I did stop doing #10!
10. I paid for my own braces when I was 25 and wore them for almost 3 years. I actually got married in braces! I didn’t wear my retainer and now I want braces again.
This is the most recent photo I have of my family. It’s from the spring of 2012. We need a new one, but I despise family photo sessions with a special kind of anger that just isn’t captured in this photo. It might just be our last one.